“Best of the best” recognised at BACA Awards
The best of the air charter industry were recognised at a special lunch held by the Worldwide Association of Air Charter Professionals (BACA) in London.
Held at the Guildhall in the City of London, the 2017 BACA Excellence Awards recognised people and companies selected by BACA members for their contributions to the industry.
The award winners were nominated and chosen by the BACA membership from a shortlist of finalists, which was also chosen by the membership. The winner of the Chairman’s Award, which is presented to an individual or company for “outstanding service, dedication and long-term achievement in their field”, was chosen by BACA chairman Richard Mumford.
The award winners were:
- Passenger Charter Airline of the Year (sponsored by Air Charter Service) – Titan Airways
- Cargo Charter Airline of the Year (sponsored by Transvalair) – Volga Dnepr
- Handling Agent/FBO of the Year (sponsored by Luxaviation UK) – Weston Aviation
- Aircraft Manufacturer of the Year (sponsored by London Biggin Hill) – Bombardier
- Young Person of the Year (sponsored by TAG Farnborough Airport) – Dan Litten of Hunt & Palmer
- The BACA Chairman’s Award (sponsored by Titan Airways) – Serge Dassault
Mumford said: “This year we have had such an incredible set of nominees, so I am pleased that our winners this year represent the best of the best. I would like to congratulate the winners and thank everyone concerned for such an incredible BACA Awards lunch this year.”