USAIG and Black Swan Solutions by Empathia team up
New York, NY – 6 October 2021 – USAIG, one of the world’s leading aviation-specific insurance providers, proudly welcomes Black Swan Solutions by Empathia to its Performance Vector safety initiative. Performance Vector is a portfolio of safety-supporting services made available to most USAIG policyholders that insure a turbine-powered aircraft or place multiple policies with USAIG. Each eligible policy can select one program option annually to enhance loss control and safety activities.
Thinking about managing an emergency involving company aviation assets is nobody’s favourite thing. That means preparation can sometimes get pushed aside by other priorities. But any operator that’s had to navigate through an aviation incident will tell you, it’s an enormous challenge full of complex, time-critical demands.
“Emergencies can come without warning and there’s tremendous risk in operating without complete confidence in the plan and resources in place to manage them,” said John T. Brogan, USAIG President and CEO. “For 10 years the Performance Vector program has focused on helping our policyholders enhance safety and preparation in their operations. The addition of Empathia’s world-class crisis management services fits perfectly with those goals, providing a superb new opportunity for our policyholders.”
Empathia has provided organisations with an array of vital support services for more than 35 years. Black Swan Solutions by Empathia, an industry-leading crisis management service, helps client organizations prepare for, respond to, and recover from crises of all kinds. Policyholders that select the Black Swan Solutions ERP Services option as their Performance Vector benefit receive:
- Up to 6 hours of consultative support to optimize and align the ERP for smooth coordination in the event it’s activated (first year only)
- Access to web-based and quarterly training to keep internal emergency response team members knowledgeable and current
- Training in and integration with Empathia’s proprietary Disaster Information Management System (DIMS) to enable flexible, secure deployment and access to operators’ response plans, protocols, forms, and contact data
- The ability to rapidly access Black Swan Solution’s® scalable array of specialized resources and services to help meet the response and recovery demands of an emergency
Available ready-response services (fee-based, dependent on activation) include:
- A dedicated 24/7 contact center staffed by crisis counsellors to field calls from concerned family members, friends, stakeholders, and the community impacted by the event
- Assistance with emergency contact notification and media relations
- Deployment of scalable family assistance resources
- Critical incident response and management services to meet the ongoing needs of impacted personnel
- Organizational and management consultation
- After incident review and planning support
“In any crisis scenario, what matters most is people. Empathia and USAIG are aligned in a whole-hearted commitment to doing what is right for the people we serve – not just policyholders, but also their networks and communities,” said Michelle Colosimo, Empathia’s Executive Director of Critical Support Services. “Organisations of all sizes can rely on Black Swan Solutions’ highly qualified crisis specialists to provide accurate information and emotional support, enabling organisational leaders to focus on the most critical needs.”
The Performance Vector benefit refreshes with each policy renewal and the ERP services option can be selected in subsequent policy years to sustain the subscription year-to-year. Check with your broker, underwriter, or policy documents to confirm eligibility.
Visit USAIG at the National Business Aviation Association’s Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) in Las Vegas, NV from October 12-14, 2021, Booth 2258.