The FAA certifies McCauley’s new prop for Beechcraft King Air B300 series
McCauley Propeller Systems has revealed its newest C780 propeller for the Beechcraft King Air B300 series, featuring four aluminum swept blades and a 105-inch diameter, has achieved FAA certification.
The new high-performance propeller is said to offer King Air B300 operators additional payload, increased take-off and climb performance, reduced noise in the cabin and cockpit and greater time between overhauls.
“The McCauley C780 is a new, lightweight, scimitar blade design propeller that enhances the already legendary King Air flying experience,” said Heidi McNary, vice president and general manager, McCauley Propeller Systems. “We’re proud to continue to offer customers the quality and craftsmanship that aviators have come to expect from McCauley over the past 85 years.”
C780 propeller – at a glance
- Propeller weight savings of over 50 pounds
- Increased take-off and climb performance
- Reduced noise in the cabin and cockpit
- Extended Time Between Overhaul (TBO) of 5,000 hours or 72 months
- Textron Aviation’s 4,000 hours or 36-month limited propeller warranty.
Source: Textron Aviation