Tamarack Aerospace completes first LoPresti HID lighting upgrade on Citationjet
Sandpoint, Idaho: Tamarack Aerospace Group recently completed its first customer installation of LoPresti Aviation’s High-Intensity Discharge (HID) BoomBeam lighting system on a customer CitationJet which was also receiving its Active Winglet upgrade. Tamarack now offers the enhanced LoPresti landing and taxi light kits as an option when it is modifying CitationJets at its Sandpoint, ID factory.
Brian Cox, President of Tamarack Aerospace, said “It’s exciting that we’ve partnered with LoPresti to offer this additional enhancement to the aircraft. Our ATLAS Active Winglet kit features new LED anti-collision and navigation lighting, but we always felt that the aircraft would additionally benefit from replacement of the landing and taxi lights. This new kit from LoPresti is simple to install, doesn’t add time to the ATLAS upgrade, and the difference in performance of the lighting is literally like night and day.”
David LoPresti, Vice-President of LoPresti Aviation, added “We’ve admired the quality, looks and performance of the Active Winglet-equipped CitationJets that we’ve seen and felt that our HID BoomBeams would be a perfect complement to the ATLAS upgrade. Tamarack has been great to work with on this project and we look forward to more opportunities with them on future aircraft modifications.”
LoPresti Aviation’s specialty is engineering and manufacture of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lighting systems. Each kit carries a supplemental Type Certificate (STC) and Part Manufacturing Approval (PMA) covering over 300 aircraft models. LoPresti delivers complete upgrade systems to replace older technology, including incandescent lamps and poorly performing LED lights.
The operational benefits that owners will see with BoomBeam equipped aircraft are:
- 3 – 15 times more light, optimized specifically for each model aircraft.
- Increased safety: see and be seen.
- Reduced electrical load and heat generated.
- Decreased AOG time for lighting issues, no filament to break.
- 5 year/ 5,000hr warranty, proven system based on time-tested experience.
- Closer color temperature to natural daylight.
Tamarack Active Winglets are the only aerodynamic technology on the market today that can reduce time to climb and fuel burn, while increasing range and aircraft stability, without any structural reinforcement, yielding significant time and cost savings. Tamarack Active Winglets are approved via EASA, FAA, ANAC and Transport Canada Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for installation on the Cessna CJ, CJ1, CJ1+, M2, CJ2, CJ2+, CJ3 and CJ3+ business jets.
The operational benefits that owners will see with an Active Winglet equipped aircraft are:
- Increased range.
- Maximum Zero Fuel Weight increase.
- Reduced time to climb to cruise altitude.
- Increased climb gradients.
- Improved single-engine climb performance.
- Ride smoothing and stability.
- Upgraded LED navigation & anti-collision lighting.
- Optional upgrade to LoPresti BoomBeam HID landing and taxi lights.