SVB Private Bank recruits Michael Francis as aircraft financing specialist
SVB Private Bank has recruited commercially-rated pilot and private aircraft finance expert Michael Francis as its new aircraft financing specialist.
Francis brings to his new role 25 years’ experience of private aviation and has spent the past 10 years focusing on financing for private aircraft. He will work with the firm’s private wealth advisors to deliver market knowledge, collateral advice and credit structuring solutions to clients.
“I am thrilled to join SVB Private Bank and partner with the wealth advisory team to counsel our clients on the options available to them when thinking about private aviation,” Francis told Corporate Jet Investor. “The innovation economy leaders we serve have fast-paced lives, demanding responsibilities and for many, private aviation can offer greater flexibility and time savings. We will help them structure custom financing solutions for their aircraft acquisitions and help them navigate them many considerations related to owning a private aircraft.”
He joins SVB Private Bank from First Republic, where he was a MD responsible for originating private aircraft and yacht loans for clients nationally.
Before joining First Republic, Francis was a vice president of Aircraft Finance at both 1st Source Bank and CIT, and also managed private aviation for a large family office. He is a member of the Massachusetts Business Aviation Association’s board of directors and holds a BS in aviation management from Daniel Webster College in New Hampshire and an MBA from Northeastern University.
Meanwhile, don’t miss Francis’s article on bonus depreciation in a recent edition of our sister title Corporate Jet Investor Quarterly.
Michael Francis – at a glance
* Joins SVB Private Bank as aircraft finance expert in January 2022
* 25 years’ experience of private aviation and spent the past 10 years focusing on financing for private aircraft
* Joins SVB Private Bank from First Republic, where he was a MD responsible for originating private aircraft and yacht loans
* Former vice president of Aircraft Finance at both 1st Source Bank and CIT
* Managed private aviation for a large family office
* Commercially-rated pilot
* Member of the Massachusetts Business Aviation Association’s board of directors
* BS in aviation management from Daniel Webster College, New Hampshire
* MBA from Northeastern University.
Michael Francis joins SVB Private Bank as private aircraft finance expert.