Duncan Aviation hosts successful student recruiting event
Lincoln, NEB— Duncan Aviation continues its recruitment efforts nationwide for its expanding and growing MRO services, recently holding an A&P Open House at its expanding location in Provo, Utah.
Roughly 215 students from three Utah A&P schools attended a three-hour A&P Open House event that included lunch, tours, and discussions with current team members and former interns. On-the-spot interviews for those who will be graduating soon were also conducted, and a hiring team quickly extended offers to 10 for full-time employment and 6 for summer internships.
In addition to touring the facility, students got to see Duncan Aviation technicians in action, which was something they said they really enjoyed.
“In addition to seeing maintenance events in process, we had an AOG aircraft come in with Foreign Object Damage. So the students got to see Duncan Aviation technicians interact with the pilots and work to get the aircraft back in the air as quickly as possible,” says Jennifer Monroe, Duncan Aviation Recruiter. “That gave them a great idea of what the job entails and several of them stated how much they enjoyed being able to see that.”
As the event came to a close, Monroe drew the name of the winner of a Snap-on Master Series 13-drawer roll cabinet. The toolbox, valued at $10,000, was purchased by Duncan Aviation Chairman Todd Duncan at an auction last spring for the National Business Aviation Association’s Maintenance Technical Reward and Career Scholarship (TRACS) program. Aviation maintenance students who attended on-campus career and recruitment events in 2018 could enter a drawing to win the toolbox. Winners from each of those events were then entered into the final drawing at the A&P Open House in Provo. The lucky winner was Nick Mathis from Purdue University.
Duncan Aviation will continue attending recruiting events throughout 2019. The current schedule includes the career fairs and campus visits that follow:
- February 19, 2019, Lansing Community College Career Fair, Lansing, MI
- March 5, 2019, Southeast Community College Trades and Industry Career Fair, Milford, NE
- March 6, 2019, Southeast Community College Transportation Career Fair, Milford, NE
- March 13, 2019, Northeast Community College Career Fair, Norfolk, NE
- March 13, 2019, Utah Valley Job Fair, Provo, UT
- March 20, 2019, Northern Michigan University Career Fair, Marquette, MI
- March 20, 2019, Spartan Broomfield Campus Visit, Broomfield, CO
- April 5, 2019, Western Michigan University Aviation Outlook Day, Battle Creek, MI