Avionics upgrade now available for Gulfstream G650 and G650ER
Gulfstream Aerospace announces that the Honeywell Primus Epic Block 3 upgrade is now available for the Gulfstream G650 and G650ER. The upgrade includes new and improved features, building upon existing visual, communication, alerting and navigation systems.
“Continuous improvement and ongoing enhancements for all Gulfstream aircraft are hallmarks of our ownership
experience,” said Mark Burns, president, Gulfstream. “Development teams have prepared and perfected robust upgrades worthy of the award-winning G650 fleet. These enhancements provide operators even more tools that help pilots make informed safety decisions during all phases of flight, with particular emphasis on improving awareness in high-traffic situations and during take-offs and landings.
Standard Block 3 features include:
• New advanced graphics modules providing four times the terrain resolution and enhanced gamma-correct
• Night Mode charts
• New Synthetic Vision System display options and improved graphics on primary flight display (PFD)
• Communication Management Function (CMF) version 3.1, providing improved performance and alerting
• Localiser Performance (LP) approaches with reduced minima over LNAV approaches, where localiser
performance with vertical guidance (LPV) is not available
• ADS-B In Cockpit Display of Traffic Information (CDTI) for airborne or qualified ground operations
• More than 1,500 enhancements to the next-generation Flight Management System
• Access to the baggage compartment up to 45,000ft.
Optional features include:
• Situational Awareness package that includes both 2D and 3D airport moving maps (AMM), ADS-B In Visual
Separation on Approach and enhanced Synthetic Vision System symbology
• Predictive Landing Performance System that includes integration of Honeywell’s Runway
Overrun Awareness & Alerting System
• Autopilot Coupled Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS)
• Weather Awareness package that includes an XM Weather update with eight new weather products, plus a
predictive weather hazards addition to the Honeywell IntuVue RDR-4000 3D weather radar system.