Austen Hall, Swinnerton Moore
LEADING LAWYER DIRECTORY – Austen Hall, Swinnerton Moore
Austen Hall is one of London’s most experienced business jet lawyers
D: +44 207 236 7111
M: +44 7767 254 365
Austen Hall’s practice focuses on domestic and international banking and asset finance work. He advises clients on a variety of banking and finance transactions and on a wide range of secured and unsecured bank and other finance facilities.
Austen has considerable experience in aviation finance and regulatory matters and advises a variety of clients on such matters as banks, leasing companies, airlines, aircraft operators, manufacturers, high net worth individuals, maintenance organizations, aircraft traders, and investors. On the regulatory side, he has niche experience in aircraft environmental issues. He also has ship financing experience and has advised banks, shipowners, and other clients on ship financing transactions including tax-based, cross-boarder, and securitization transactions. In addition, Austen has significant experience in Islamic finance transactions.
Austen’s aviation practice has been credited in the latest edition of UK Legal 500 for “handling some significant acquisitions in the sector”.
- Represented Mubadala Development Company PJSC in the negotiation of the long term support and assistance to be provided by Airbus and EADS to Mubadala’s subsidiary, Aerospace Holding Company LLC, in the development of its aerospace industry, including the negotiation of a long term master supply agreement for the manufacturing of complex aerostructure components.
- Advised on several hundred aircraft and engine sale, purchase, and leasing and financing transactions around the world.
- Advised on various UK tax-based and other cross-boarder ship financing transactions, including advising on a multibillion pounds sterling ship refinancing transaction.
- Advised a major oil company on a highly complex off-balance sheet leasing transaction for liquefied natural gas tankers.
- Advised a state export company on the financing of two very large cruise vessels in a complex securitization transaction.
- Advised on various types of Islamic finance transactions, including Morabaha, Modaraba, Ijara, and Ijara Wa Iqtina transactions.